miƩrcoles, 24 de septiembre de 2008

Driving Lessons

So today as I was walking to class I noticed several different things about driving here that I thought I would share with you all.
First off, I mentioned the motos previously. The other day I realized that when they are stopped at a light and don´t want to want to wait, they just get off their moto and wheel it along in the pedestrian walkway with them. Then they just hop back on and drive off. Seems pretty easy for them!
The parking situation here is also something interesting to watch. There are nowhere near enought spots for all the cars that want to park, so they double park all the time. But when they park and block someone in, they leave their car in neutural so that if the person that is boxed in wants to leave they just push the car out of the way. I love to watch this, I think it is the funniest thing ever.
When someone wants to get something really quickly, they tend to just stop their car in the middle of the street and just hop out. The interesting thing is that the people behind them don´t usually honk or anything.
However, they will honk at pedestrians, they don´t stop for anything. I really think that they would run you over before they would let you cross against the light.
Well, that´s all I have for now.
¡Hasta luego!

No hay comentarios: